We as a company believe that we should do more than sell a product or provide a great experience to our guests. We support the communities where we do business.
It is our goal to impact the lives of children in our local communities. In 2014 we raised $42,465.04 through our 34 Wendy’s restaurants throughout Missouri for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals in Springfield, MO, Columbia, MO and Kansas City.
In 2015, we raised $101,457.62 exceeding our goal of $100,000.
Read more about Fundraising Day
Our fundraising program is designed to raise money for local school groups, sports teams, PTOs/PTAs, and charitable organizations by donating a percentage of sales back to the organization on a designated day. It’s a great way to combine great food, fun and a good cause – your group!
You’ve got options with us.
Here is how it works:
Step 1: Submit an online request below. Please note, you will be required to upload a copy of your organization’s nonprofit tax determination letter with the request.
Step 2: If your organization’s application is approved, we will send an email confirmation and a customized flyer with which you can promote your event.
Step 3: Promote! E-mail and hand out flyers to everyone you know.
Step 4: The guests you have reached through your promotion efforts simply present the customized flyer mentioned in step 2 and 3, on the date of your Fundraiser. The flyer will be accepted by cashiers in either printed form, or, electronic image on a smart phone or tablet. All sales associated with flyers will be tracked and credited.
Step 5: Your organization will receive 30% of the net food and beverage sales* (gross sales less taxes) from dining room and drive-thru. (Purchase of gift cards and retail items purchases excluded.)
Step 6: You will be contacted with results within 2 weeks and receive your donation check within 8 weeks.
Enjoy eating at your favorite restaurant with family and friends while raising money for your organization.
- For a sale to be qualified, a flyer must be presented by either presenting the cashier a paper flyer or showing the cashier an electronic image of the flyer (via a smart phone/tablet) at the time of sale.
- Tax is not credited, only pretax, net sales.
- A Fundraising Day must generate no less than $75 in qualified sales to receive a donation check.
- The Fundraising Day can be terminated for any reason without notice such as distributing flyers on the day of the fundraiser within the vicinity of the restaurant, i.e.; entrance, parking lot.
- All required documents must be complete and on file before a Fundraising Day can be confirmed.
- All forms including the fundraiser request form, completed agreement contract, and non-profit tax-exempt identification letter must be completed and on file before the fundraiser can be confirmed.
- The customized flyer (printed or electronic image) must be presented at the time of purchase to receive credit.
- The minimum net before tax food and beverage sale to receive a check for a fundraiser is $75. Fundraisers that do not meet the minimum net food and beverage sales amount will NOT receive a donation.
- Hamra can terminate all or any portion of the event for any reason without notice such as distributing flyers on the day of the fundraiser within the vicinity (entrance and parking lot) of restaurant.
Tips for a Successful Fundraiser:
Your organization will be responsible for promoting your fundraiser through whatever communication vehicles your have available.
- Put a flyer in your organization’s newsletter.
- Announce your fundraiser on your website, and add a link to a downloadable PDF of the flyer.
- Attach the flyer to an e-mail going out to the family, friends, office, etc.
- Call your local newspaper. They’re always looking for information on charitable events in the community.
- Pass our flyers during the large gatherings, group meetings, training sessions and area sporting events.
- Announce the fundraiser on the P.A. system at a local event.
- Share the details in your online invitations, such as Evite.
- If you’re a school, send the flyers home to the parents with the kids.
- Most importantly, cast a wide net. Talk to everybody. The more people that come to your fundraiser the more money your organization will earn.
- Don’t procrastinate! Start promoting as soon as you receive your flyer
- Don’t forget to remind everyone before the event. The more times people hear it the more likely they are to remember to go.