For detailed information please choose the program that interests you
Community Bread Box
With the generous help of our customers, we have been collecting funds in all of our 17 Greater Boston area Panera Bread locations through our community donation boxes. All donations benefit Boston Children’s Hospital.
Another component of the Operation Dough-Nation® program is our commitment to giving back to those who are hungry in our community. At the end of each day, all unsold bread and bakery products are donated to local food banks and pantries.
Note: in order to participate, a receiving organization by must be a 501c or tax-exempt government or church organization. Donations are picked up weekly on an assigned night. All items are to be given to the ill, elderly, poor or infants/children.
If you would like to be one of our “Day-End” partners, please SUBMIT an online request.
You’ve got options. Dine in or order online.
Our fundraising program is designed to raise money for local school groups, sports teams, PTOs/PTAs, and charitable organizations by donating a percentage of sales back to the organization on a designated day. It’s a great way to combine great food, fun and a good cause – your group!
Here is how it works:
Step 1: Submit an online request below. Please note, you will be required to upload a copy of your organization’s nonprofit tax determination letter with the request.
Step 2: If your organization’s application is approved, we will send an email confirmation and a customized flyer with which you can promote your event.
Step 3: Promote! E-mail and hand out flyers to everyone you know.
Step 4: The guests you have reached through your promotion efforts simply present the customized flyer mentioned in step 2 and 3, on the date of your Fundraiser. The flyer will be accepted by cashiers in either printed form, or, electronic image on a smart phone or tablet. All sales associated with flyers will be tracked and credited.
Step 5: Your organization will receive 20% of the net food and beverage sales* (gross sales less taxes). Gift cards, retail and catering purchases excluded.
Step 6: You will be contacted with results within 2 weeks and receive your donation check within 8 weeks.
Enjoy eating at your favorite restaurant with family and friends while raising money for your organization.
- For a sale to be qualified, a flyer must be presented by either presenting the cashier a paper flyer or showing the cashier an electronic image of the flyer (via a smart phone/tablet) at the time of sale.
- Tax is not credited, only pretax, net sales.
- A Fundraising Day must generate no less than $75 in qualified sales to receive a donation check.
- The Fundraising Day can be terminated for any reason without notice such as distributing flyers on the day of the fundraiser within the vicinity of the bakery-café, i.e.; entrance, parking lot.
- All required documents must be complete and on file before a Fundraising Day can be confirmed.
- All forms including the fundraiser request form, completed agreement contract, and non-profit tax-exempt identification letter must be completed and on file before the fundraiser can be confirmed.
- The customized flyer (printed or electronic image) must be presented at the time of purchase to receive credit.
- The minimum net before tax food and beverage sale to receive a check for a fundraiser is $75. Fundraisers that do not meet the minimum net food and beverage sales amount will NOT receive a donation.
- Hamra can terminate all or any portion of the event for any reason without notice such as distributing flyers on the day of the fundraiser within the vicinity (entrance and parking lot) of restaurant.
Tips for a Successful Fundraiser:
Your organization will be responsible for promoting your fundraiser through whatever communication vehicles your have available.
- Put a flyer in your organization’s newsletter.
- Announce your fundraiser on your website, and add a link to a downloadable PDF of the flyer.
- Attach the flyer to an e-mail going out to the family, friends, office, etc.
- Call your local newspaper. They’re always looking for information on charitable events in the community.
- Pass our flyers during the large gatherings, group meetings, training sessions and area sporting events.
- Announce the fundraiser on the P.A. system at a local event.
- Share the details in your online invitations, such as Evite.
- If you’re a school, send the flyers home to the parents with the kids.
- Most importantly, cast a wide net. Talk to everybody. The more people that come to your fundraiser the more money your organization will earn.
- Don’t procrastinate! Start promoting as soon as you receive your flyer
- Don’t forget to remind everyone before the event. The more times people hear it the more likely they are to remember to go.
Hamra Enterprises enjoys being an active member of your community through many charitable programs, including donations but there may be some circumstances and/or company guidelines that prevent us from endorsing your request. A dedicated marketing team member carefully considers each request we receive. If for some reason we are unable to fulfill your request, we will continue to do our best to accommodate your needs in the future.